Check out my SPOTLIGHT by clicking the above image

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Panasonic G1 (the mini SLR)



     I recently purchased the Panasonic LUMIX G1. This is a mini slr camera. It is a fierce camera that fits perfectly into the contours of my hand. The photo quality is AMAZING. On my first day exploring the features it was like a date with my true love. I had so much fun shooting my friends, objects and scenery. I was also trigger happy on my trip up to San Francisco. I can't say this enough, the photos were grand. The color, the focus, the quality. It all came together on the swiveling camera screen and even more once I connected this camera to my computer. On a larger screen the pictures were even more beautiful. For the price, around $460, it is well worth it.



     There are hardly any flaws with this camera. For the use and it not really being a "true" SLR, I cannot complain. The camera allows one to save their "Favorite" settings under a setting located on the dial near the shutter button. This camera does not have a shutter therefore it is SILENT. I was able to take pictures of my very shy friend Gabby without her even noticing until i pointed it out. This camera is loads of fun. I purchased Kodak made filters as well. UV, florescent, glare, etc. These filters just added value to my work. The quality can pretty much be professional, if only i had greater light setups or flash. Unfortunately I don't have the resources to purchase such add ons, but for the time being, this is love.






For a more in depth review, check out:

15 comments:

Stav88os said...

Cool Story Bro!;)

MrClubMusic said...

Nice cam.. Too bad I cant afford it :(

Crammarc said...

did you take those pics?

troykan said...

takes good pictures, indeed.

Frank said...

Long time of inactivity in your blog there son, how come you're back at it ?? Good you are back though :)

Yeah, nice camera but I'd rather spent my money on other stuff, not much a photographer...

Hotsaucer said...

The picture quality looks great!, but I'm not much of a photographer.

Ragina Vash said...

I wish i had a cam like that ;( looks very nice, just sharing love ;P

boss said...

wow thats super amazing , i love how you have great love for what you do, keep up the great work! keep sharing your love with us! ;DDD

Lemmiwinks said...

Great post, bro!

Chris said...

Does it take other lenses?? That's what I'm really looking for in a camera...

Jimmy Volmer said...

I like the way you designed your blog :)

Liv said...

that is beautiful...enough said

Bob lehcror said...

Nice dude, I've been looking at cameras for my weekly hikes!

TheCoolIgloo said...

Those are some high quality pics

SimonC said...

nice picture quality